Hacking di Simposium International
Wittgenstein ke-32, 2009
|Lahir||18 Februari 1936 (umur 83)|
Vancouver, British Columbia, Kanada
|Era||Filsafat abad ke-20|
|Minat utama||Filsafat ilmu|
|Almamater||Universitas British Columbia|
Trinity College, Cambridge
Buku-buku Hacking telah diterjemahkan ke dalam berbagai bahasa.
- The Logic of Statistical Inference (1965)
- The Emergence of Probability (1975)
- Why Does Language Matter to Philosophy? (1975)
- Representing and Intervening, Introductory Topics in the Philosophy of Natural Science, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1983.
- The Taming of Chance (1990)
- Scientific Revolutions (1990)
- Rewriting the Soul: Multiple Personality and the Sciences of Memory (1995)
- Mad Travelers: Reflections on the Reality of Transient Mental Illnesses (1998)
- The Social Construction of What? (1999)
- An Introduction to Probability and Inductive Logic (2001)
- Historical Ontology (2002)
- Why Is There Philosophy of Mathematics at All? (2014)
- Hacking, Ian (1992), "The self-vindication of the laboratory sciences", dalam Pickering, Andrew, Science as practice and culture, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, hlm. 29–64, ISBN 9780226668017.
- Hacking, Ian (December 1967). "Slightly More Realistic Personal Probability". Philosophy of Science. 34 (4): 311–325. doi:10.1086/288169. JSTOR 186120.
- Hacking, Ian (September 1988). "Telepathy: Origins of Randomization in Experimental Design". Isis. 79 (3: A Special Issue on Artifact and Experiment): 427–451. doi:10.1086/354775. JSTOR 234674. MR 1013489.
- Hacking, Ian (May 2012). "Putnam's Theory of Natural Kinds and Their Names is Not the Same as Kripke's". Hurly-Burly 7: 129-149.
|Wikiquote memiliki koleksi kutipan yang berkaitan dengan:|
- Situs web resmi
- University of Toronto profile
- Collège de France profile with links to online lessons (French) and texts (English and French)
- Hacking, Ian in The Canadian Encyclopedia
- "How We Have Been Learning to Talk About Autism" Podcast of lecture delivered September 19, 2008 to a conference entitled Cognitive Disability: A Challenge to Moral Philosophy, held at Stony Brook University. 42 minutes 264 MB
- Ideas - How to think about Science. Podcast of an edited conversation on Ideas (CBC Radio, January 2009) regarding the meshing of theory and experiment. (This radio series includes interviews with several authors discussed in Hacking's The Social Construction of What?). 54 minutes.
- Hacking's contributions to The New York Review of Books
- Hacking's contributions to the London Review of Books
- Root and Branch, in The Nation, October 8, 2007
- "The Complacent Disciplinarian" and discussion (pp. 197–203), presented in Rethinking Interdisciplinarity, January 5, 2004.
- "Genetics, biosocial groups & the future of identity", Daedalus, Fall 2006, Vol. 135, No. 4: 81–95
- "Truthfulness", Common Knowledge, Vol. 11, No. 1. (2005), pp. 160–172.
- Ian Hacking International Balzan Prize Foundation