The Big Trail
|The Big Trail|
|Produser||Winfield R. Sheehan|
|Distributor||Fox Film Corporation|
|Durasi||122 menit versi 70mm, 108 menit versi 35mm|
- Motion Picture News, May 24, 1930
- Library of Congress (December 27, 2006). Films Added to National Film Registry for 2006. Siaran pers. Diakses pada 2013-10-12. "The story goes that director Raoul Walsh was seeking a male lead for his new Western and asked his friend John Ford. Ford recommended an unknown actor named John Wayne because he "liked the looks of this new kid with a funny walk, like he owned the world". When Wayne professed inexperience, Walsh told him to just "sit good on a horse and point". The plot of a trek along the Oregon Trail is aided immensely by the majestic sweep provided by the experimental Grandeur wide-screen process used in filming. However, Wayne’s starring role in the movie did not lead to stardom. He languished in low-budget pictures until John Ford cast him in the 1939 classic "Stagecoach"."
- Magnified Grandeur – The Big Screen, 1926–31, David Coles, 2001
- "Wide Film Cinematography: Some Comments on 70mm Camerawork From a Practical Cinematographer", Arthur Edeson, A.S.C., American Cinematographer, September 1930.
- (Inggris) The Big Trail di IMDb
- (Inggris) The Big Trail di Allmovie
- (Inggris) The Big Trail di TCM Movie Database
- The Big Trail at Rotten Tomatoes
- 70mm "Grandeur" version of The Big Trail on YouTube