Gertrude Hull (lahir 16 November 1866 – meninggal 22 Maret 1947 pada umur 80 tahun) adalah seorang guru sejarah selama lebih dari 40 tahun di sistem sekolah Milwaukee. Ia merupakan manajer departemen sejarah di Milwaukee West Side High School. Ia melatih dan secara privat membimbing Jenderal Douglas MacArthur dalam persiapan untuk mengikuti ujian West Point.
|Lahir||16 November 1866|
|Meninggal||22 Maret 1947 (umur 80)|
|Tempat peristirahatan||Forest Home Cemetery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|Dikenal atas||mengajar Douglas MacArthur|
- Benge, Janet (January 2005). MacArthur: What Greater Honor. YWAM Publishing. ISBN 978-1-932096-15-6.
- Fromkin, David (23 January 2013). Time of Americans. Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-307-76606-9.
- Haugen, Brenda (2006). Douglas MacArthur: America's General. Compass Point Books. ISBN 978-0-7565-0994-1.
- Herman, Arthur (June 2016). Douglas MacArthur: American Warrior. Random House Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-8129-9488-9.
In addition to his own course of reading under his mother's care, Douglas attended classes at Milwaukee's West Side High School to brush up on history, mathematics, English, and other topics covered in the exam, while the school's principal and its most popular history teacher, Miss Gertrude Hull, agreed to tutor the eighteen-year-old on whatever subjects posed the most difficult challenges.
- James, Dorris Clayton (1970). The Years of MacArthur: 1880–1941. Houghton Mifflin.
p 63 = He also received special tutoring from the popular principle Mac McLanagan and from Miss Gertrude Hull, a young, vivacious instructor of history at West Side who had just graduated from the University of Michigan. p 66 = When the results of the examinations were announced in June, 1898, MacArthur received the congressional appointment, having scored 93.3 on the test, sixteen points ahead of the next competitor.
- Jones, Meg (30 November 2015). World War II Milwaukee. Arcadia Publishing Incorporated. ISBN 978-1-62585-541-1.
- Kamuchey, Thelma (2010). Tales of Milwaukee's Eastside. AuthorHouse. ISBN 978-1-4490-6759-5.
- Macarthur, Douglas (11 October 2012). Reminiscences. Naval Institute Press. ISBN 978-1-61251-173-3.
- MCHS (1989). Milwaukee History. Milwaukee County Historical Society.
Gertrude Hull (whose chief distinction lay in preparing Douglas MacArthur for his West Point qualifying exams)
- Manchester, William (12 May 2008). Douglas MacArthur 1880–1964. Little, Brown. ISBN 978-0-316-03242-1.
- UM (1946). The Michigan Alumnus. University of Michigan Libraries. UOM:39015071120854.
She coached General MacArthur for his entrance examinations to West Point, and she carried on a large correspondence with her formal pupils, many now prominent citizens.
- Wisconsin Magazine, of History (September 1942). The Society and the State. volume 26, No.1 (pages 117–118). Wisconsin Historical Society.
Miss Gertrude Hull of Milwaukee contributes other interesting details relating to the present General MacArthur. She was asked to prepare the examination questions in United States history for him when he was preparing for West Point.