Edward George Warris Hulton
|Edward George Warris Hulton|
|Lahir||29 November 1906|
|Meninggal||8 Oktober 1988 (umur 81)|
|Dikenal atas||Pionir fotojurnalisme|
Pendiri Hulton Archive
|Suami/istri||Kira Goudime-Levkovitsch (m. 1927)|
Princess Nika Yourievitch (m. 1946)
|Kerabat||Edward Hulton (kakek)|
Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet (ayah)
Sir Jocelyn Stevens (keponakan)
Serge Yourievitch (mertua)
Hulton lahir dari pasangan Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet, seorang penerbit surat kabar dan pemilik kuda balap yang berasal dari Manchester, dan istri keduanya, artis balai musik Millicent Warris, yang juga dikenal dengan nama panggung Millie Lindon.
- ^ a b Seymour-Ure, Colin. "Hulton, Sir Edward George Warris (1906–1988), magazine publisher and writer". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/40161. Diakses tanggal 24 August 2013.
- ^ "Sir Edward Hulton, founder of Picture Post, dies". Associated Press. 9 October 1988. Diakses tanggal 27 August 2013.
- ^ "FreeBMD – Search". Diakses tanggal 24 August 2013.
Births Mar 1907 – Surname: Hulton, Given Name: Edward George W, District: Knaresborough, Volume: 9a, Page: 92
- ^ Baker, Richard Anthony (25 October 2005). "Music hall of fame – Millie Lindon". The Stage.co.uk. Diakses tanggal 26 August 2013.
Millie then married the Manchester newspaper magnate Sir Edward Hulton, who founded The Daily Sketch, bought and enlarged the London Evening Standard and then sold his empire to Lord Beaverbrook for £6 million. They had two children – a daughter who died at the age of 22, and a son, Edward George Warris [sic].
- Harrison, Graham (2008). "The Life and Times of Albert Hardy (1913–1995)". Photo Histories. Diakses tanggal 29 August 2013.
Bert Hardy was the star troubleshooting photojournalist on Picture Post, Britain's most influential picture magazine. But a story he shot in 1950 during the Korean war seemingly precipitated its decline and fall. On the seventieth anniversary of the launch of the mass-market weekly Graham Harrison turns back the pages of photographic history and looks forward to a reassessment of Hardy's career.
- Simkin, John. "Edward George Hulton". Spartacus Educational. Diakses tanggal 24 August 2013.
- "Sir Edward George Warris Hulton (1906–1988), Magazine publisher and writer". National Portrait Gallery. Diakses tanggal 1 September 2013.
- (Inggris) Karya atau profil mengenai Edward George Warris Hulton di perpustakaan (katalog WorldCat)
- "Materi arsip tentang Edward George Warris Hulton". UK National Archives.
-  -- All the Best is a complete history of Picture Post Magazine (1938–57) in online and paperback forms. Picture Post was likely the greatest achievement of the Sir Edward George Warris Hulton's publishing empire, including being Britain's most popular magazine during WWII. "All the Best" author David Joseph Marcou covers Sir Edward's role in the editorial fortunes of his magazine, from his signing up PP founding editor Stefan Lorant to his sacking of Lorant's successor, 10-year editor Sir Tom Hopkinson. Many experts conclude Hopkinson's dismissal marked the beginning of the end of Picture Post, though Marcou's history covers it more intricately than that.