Dardania (bahasa Yunani Kuno: Δαρδανία; bahasa Latin: Dardania) adalah wilayah orang-orang Dardani (bahasa Yunani Kuno: Δαρδάνιοι; bahasa Latin: Dardani). Terletak di zona Trako-Illyria, identifikasi mereka sebagai suku Illyria atau Trakia masih belum pasti. Wilayah mereka tidak dianggap sebagai bagian dari Illyria oleh Strabo. Sangat sedikit informasi yang menjelaskan wilayah Dardani sebelum penaklukan Romawi.
- ^ Dardanioi, Georg Autenrieth, "A Homeric Dictionary", at Perseus
- ^ Latin Dictionary
- ^ Wilkes, J. J. The Illyrians, 1992, ISBN 0-631-19807-5, Page 85, "... Whether the Dardanians were an Illyrian or a Thracian people has been much debated and one view suggests that the area was originally populated with Thracians who where then exposed to direct contact with illyrians over a long period..."
- ^ The central Balkan tribes in pre-Roman times: Triballi, Autariatae, Dardanians, Scordisci and Moesians, Amsterdam 1978, by Fanula Papazoglu, ISBN 90-256-0793-4, page 131., "the Dardanians ... living in the frontiers of the Illyrian and the Thracian worlds retained their individuality and, alone among the peoples of that region succeeded in maintaining themselves as an ethnic unity even when they were militarily and politically subjected by the Roman arms [...] and when at the end of the ancient world, the Balkans were involved in far-reaching ethnic perturbations, the Dardanians, of all the Central Balkan tribes, played the greatest part in the genesis of the new peoples who took the place of the old"
- ^ The central Balkan tribes in pre-Roman times: Triballi, Autariatae...Fanula Papazoglu,1978,page 217
- ^ The central Balkan tribes in pre-Roman times: Triballi, Autariatae...Fanula Papazoglu,1978,page 187,"We have very little information about the territory of the Dardanians before its inclusion in the Roman state, "