* [[Bahasa Gaul]]
* Andrew Matzner: [http://web.archive.org/web/20041120094937/http://home.att.net/~leela2/inlegallimbo.htm In Legal Limbo: Thailand, Transgendered Men, and the Law], 1999. Criticizes the common view that kathoey are fully accepted by Thai society.
* Andrew Matzner: [http://web.archive.org/web/20041010103405/http://home.att.net/~leela2/roses.htm Roses of the North: The Katoey of Chiang Mai University], 1999. Reports on a kathoey "sorority" at Chiang Mai University.
* [http://web.hku.hk/~sjwinter/TransgenderASIA/ Transgender Asia] including several articles on kathoey
* [http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1820633,00.html?xid=rss-world Where the 'Ladyboys' Are]
* Ladyboy: ''Thailand's Theater of Illusion''. Chiang Mai, Cognoscenti Books, 2012. ASIN: B0085S4WQC
* [http://www.bangkokpicture.com/nightlife/spotthekatoeys.php Can you tell the difference between Katoeys and real ladies?"]
* E.G. Allyn: [http://web.archive.org/web/20041010230744/http://www.floatinglotus.com/tmot/gaythai.html Trees in the Same Forest], 2002. Description of the gay and kathoey scene of Thailand.
* Chanon Intramart and Eric Allyn: [http://web.archive.org/web/20041111091140/http://www.floatinglotus.com/tmot/thaimovies6.html Beautiful Boxer], 2003. Describes the story of Nong Tum.
* The Hermaphrodite World [http://www.theasiatrust.org] is a film exploring the kathoey culture of Thailand
* [http://www.thaiguidetothailand.com/lifestyle-and-culture/katoey-thai-ladyboys/ Katoey Thai-Ladyboys]