Edmund Waller, lahir pada tanggal 3 Maret 1606 di Coleshill dan meninggal pada tanggal 21 Oktober 1687 di Beaconsfield, merupakan seorang penyair dan politikus berkebangsaan Inggris pada akhir abad ketujuh belas.
a. ^ Edmund's father Robert was the son of Edmund Waller (1536-1603), who was in turn the son of Robert Waller (1517–53), a scion of the Waller family of Groombridge Place, Kent. A branch of this family settled firstly at Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, and in the 17th century moved to Virginia, where they became prominent in early Virginia affairs. Prominent members of this branch include Benjamin Waller, Littleton Waller Tazewell and Edwin Waller.
b. ^ His descendant Rachel Waller, considering the Breux family's connections with Barbados, wrote in 1939 that: "this probably gave rise to the assumption that she was not of pure European blood. In support of this theory, we may compare the portrait of the poet with those of his descendants. In these latter, the long face and aquiline lineaments of the poet have given way to round blunt features and curly black hair."
- Baldwin, James, ed. (May 2012), Six Centuries of English Poetry, kindle ebook, ASIN B004TREH7W
- Cibber, Theophilus (1753), The Lives of the Poets of Great Britain and Ireland: to the time of Dean Swift, II, London: R. Griffiths, hlm. 240–264
- Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. (1908), Virginia heraldica: being a registry of Virginia gentry entitled to coat armor, with genealogical notes of the families, Virginia county records, 5, The Genealogical Association, hlm. 37
- Greenwood, Douglas (1999), Who's Buried where in England (edisi ke-Third), Constable, hlm. 128, ISBN 0-09-479310-7
- Gilfillan, George, ed. (1857), "introduction", Poetical Works of Edmund Waller & Sir John Denham, kindle ebook, ASIN B0084BSUYA
- Kyle, Chris; Sgroi, Rosemary (2010), "Waller, Edmund (1606-1687), of Hall Barn, Beaconsfield, Bucks.; later of St. James's Street, Westminster", dalam Thrush, Andrew; Ferris, John P., The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1604-1629, Cambridge University Press
- Roberts, Keith (2003), First Newbury 1643: The Turning Point (edisi ke-illustrated), Osprey Publishing, hlm. 7, ISBN 9781841763330
|Wikisource bahasa Inggris mempunyai halaman mengenai|
|Wikiquote memiliki koleksi kutipan yang berkaitan dengan: Edmund Waller.|
|Wikimedia Commons memiliki media mengenai Edmund Waller.|