Angkatan Udara Australia
Angkatan Udara Australia (Inggris: Royal Australian Air Force, atau disingkat RAAF) adalah cabang angkatan udara dari Australian Defence Force. RAAF dibentuk bulan pada Maret 1914 sebagai Korps Udara Australia (Australian Flying Corps) dan berdiri sendiri sejak Maret 1921.
Country of Origin
|McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet||Fighter/Attack||F/A-18A
|71||Government Aircraft Factories. The F/A-18 fleet has been the subject of various upgrades since it entered service in the 1980s and remains capable, but fatigue issues mean that it may not remain a viable front-line air defence option until the planned retirement date of December 2020, although this is being mitigated through a centre barrel replacement program. They will be replaced by up to 100 F-35 Lightning II.Assembled in Australia by the|
|Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet||Fighter/Attack||F/A-18F
|24||24 two-seat F/A-18Fs were acquired as an interim measure until the introduction of the F-35As; avoiding a strike capability gap with the retirement of the F-111s in 2010 and to cover for any fatigue issues related to the legacy F/A-18 fleet. US Navy production slots were used with the first batch of five Super Hornets arriving at RAAF Base Amberley on 26 March 2010; a second batch of six arriving on 6 July 2010; and a third batch of four arriving on 7 December 2010. These include the first three modified to allow later conversion to EA-18G Growler, designated F/A-18F+, 12 of the 24 Super Hornets would be modified this way. The final batch of four to complete the order arrived on 21 October 2011. In August 2012, the RAAF announced that it would spend $1.5 billion outfitting 12 Super Hornets with "Growler" electronic warfare equipment. Australia was the first nation approved by the US to use the Growler technology. In May 2013, Australia announced it would keep all 24 F/A-18F Super Hornets and order 12 new-built EA-18G Growlers.|
|BAE Systems Hawk||Lead-in fighter trainer||Hawk 127||33||Fighter jet conversion trainer. Assembled in Australia at Williamtown, NSW|
|Pilatus PC-9||Advanced trainer||PC-9||65||Produced under licence in Australia by de Havilland Australia.|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||Navigational trainer||B350||8|
|Airborne early warning and control|
|Boeing 737 AEW&C||Airborne early warning and control (AEW&C)||E-7A Wedgetail||6||All aircraft delivered by July 2011.|
|Airbus A330 MRTT||Aerial refuelling||KC-30A||5||As of March 2013, all KC-30A are operational.|
|AP-3C Orion||Maritime patrol/Strike||AP-3C
|19||All aircraft to be withdrawn by 2019. Will probably be replaced by 8 Boeing P-8 Poseidon and 7 large UAVs.|
|IAI Heron||Reconnaissance Surveillance||Heron 1||3||Long term lease agreement with Canada. Two aircraft are operating in Afghanistan, while a third example has now been acquired for training in Australia.|
|Boeing C-17 Globemaster III||Strategic transport||C-17A||6||Four initially ordered in 2006, and a further two aircraft ordered in 2011. Deliveries completed in November 2012.|
|Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules||Tactical Transport||C-130J-30||12||First entered service in 1999|
|Boeing Business Jet||VIP transport||737–700 BBJ||2||Long term lease, transport for government leaders and senior executives travelling on official business|
|Bombardier Challenger 600||VIP transport||CL 604||3|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||Light transport||B350||8||Interim replacement for Caribou transports, 3 of which were transferred from Army Aviation.|
- ^ "RAAF Hornet Centre Barrel program completed". Australian Aviation. 30 June 2010. Diakses tanggal 27 September 2011.
- ^ "First RAAF F/A-18F+ Flies". Diakses tanggal 24 September 2010.
- ^ Nicholson, Brendan, "$1.5Bn Growler Purchase Beefs Up Air Force's Strike Abilities", The Australian, 24 August 2012, p. 2
- ^ "Smith Seeks Billion for More AWD and Super Hornets". April 29, 2013.
- ^ Australia plans to buy 12 EA-18G Growlers – Washingtonexaminer.com, May 3, 2013
- ^ Flight International, 5 March 2013, p.14
- ^ "P-8A Project". Defence Materiel Organisation. October 2012. Diakses tanggal 25 April 2013.
- ^ "AIR 7000 Phase 1B/2B". Defence Materiel Organisation. June 2011. Diakses tanggal 27 June 2011.
- ^ "Air Force To Begin Operating Its First Unmanned Aerial System". Australian Department of Defence. 7 September 2009. Diakses tanggal 25 February 2010.[pranala nonaktif]
- ^ McLaughlin, Andrew (April 2010). "Nankeen. The RAAF enters the UAV era with Heron lease". Australian Aviation. Fyshwick: Phantom Media (270): p. 31. ISSN 0813-0876.
- ^ "Upgrade for RAAF C-130Js approved, but no sign of extra Js". Australian Aviation. 25 February 2010. Diakses tanggal 25 February 2010.
- ^ Hercules Transport: Royal Australian Air Force
- ^ "RAAF Museum: RAAF Aircraft Series 3 A36 Boeing BBJ". RAAF Museum. Diakses tanggal 25 February 2010.[pranala nonaktif]
- Armstrong, John. "History of the RAAF: 20 Years of Warfighting 1939–1959, Part 2". Air Power International. Vol. 4 (No. 6): 42–48.
- Barnes, Norman (2000). The RAAF and the Flying Squadrons. St Leonards, New South Wales: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-130-2.
- Dennis, Peter; Grey, Jeffrey; Morris, Ewan; Prior, Robin (2008). The Oxford Companion to Australian Military History (edisi ke-Second). Melbourne, Victoria: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-551784-2.
- Eather, Steve (1995). Flying Squadrons of the Australian Defence Force. Weston Creek, Australian Capital Territory: Aerospace Publications. ISBN 1-875671-15-3.
- Pittaway, Nigel (March 2010). "ADF pilot training under contract". Defence Today. Amberley: Strike Publications. 8 (2): 20–21. ISSN 1447-0446.
- Stephens, Alan (2006) . The Royal Australian Air Force: A History. London: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-555541-4.
- Taylor, Michael John Haddrick; Taylor, John William Ransom (1978). Encyclopedia of Aircraft. New York: Putnam. ISBN 0399122176.
- Ashworth, Norman (1999). How Not To Run An Air Force! The Higher Command of the Royal Australian Air Force During the Second World War. Australia: Royal Australian Air Force Air Power Development Centre. ISBN 0-642-26550-X.
- McPhedran, Ian (2011). Air Force: Inside the New era of Australian Air Power. Australia: Harper Collins Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7322-9025-2.
|Wikimedia Commons memiliki media mengenai Royal Australian Air Force.|
- RAAF official site
- RAAF Air Power Doctrine[pranala nonaktif]
- ADF Aircraft Serial Number
- RAAF YouTube channel
|Artikel bertopik militer ini adalah sebuah rintisan. Anda dapat membantu Wikipedia dengan mengembangkannya.|